how many visitors

2009年8月31日月曜日

Summer Breeze

The 2009 summer is coming to an end. It's strange for me to think that since it seems like summer just started yesterday. With that in mind, I'd like to have one last beach dream and talk about, well, the beach.


It's well known that Taiza is the place to be for crabs during the eating season but I find the beaches to be fairly amazing too. Living on the coast certainly give you an advantage. If I had to talk about all the great beaches in the area this post would go on forever so I'll talk about this one beach I like to go to.

I find Taiza's beach to be amazing not just because it's a beach but because of how beautiful the water is. Where I lived in America (Philadelphia) the water was always a murky brown but here, ah, here the water is crystal clear. I can see to the bottom for at least a couple feet, if you don't believe me take a look yourself:

While this picture doesn't show the water perfectly it is surprising to see the bottom of the water from so far away. Also, you can see something else that I like at this beach - the rock formations. Yes, the picture doesn't show how tall those cliffs actually are but they are amazing. I loved standing right at the base and looking straight up. It's reminiscent of the buildings in New York. I also found the rocks at the base to be rather interesting too.

In the rocks are these small holes. I honestly don't know what lives inside of them, possibly hermit crabs but I've always like them. They remind me of the movies where they show people either in the far past or the far future living in caves. It's a tiny civilization. I'm getting off topic...

In the far distance you can see a large rock formation. Due to the sun setting you can't make out the features too well but one is able to climb this formation. You can get there by swimming or by taking a nice stroll on the land that connects to it. This rock gives a great view of the area. I also like that it has a cave in it. Again, it's something I'd like to investigate but I'd rather not, at least, not in just a bathing suit.


So now, as all stories go, we are at the end. The summer winds are blowing to the south and the air is getting a bit colder every day. While the warm weather leaves us for another year I can at least look at these pictures, think of the fond memories and await for the warm tide to return.

-Rob R.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿